| What’s the rush? 什么事那么匆忙? |
| I finished my work at p.m. 下午点我下班了。 |
| I'm afraid all my efforts were in vain. 我担心我的努力全白费了。 |
| Difficult circumstances serve as a textbook of life for people. 困难坎坷是人们的生活教科书。 |
| There are only two minutes left. 只剩两分钟了。 |
| He hit the ceiling at the news. 他听到那消息暴跳如雷/大发雷霆。 |
| Life is ten percent What you make it and ninety percent how you take it. 生活有百分之十在于你如何塑造它,有百分之九十在于你如何对待它。 |
| She became more and more beautiful. 她变得越来越漂亮了。 |
| 我匆忙赶到办公室。 I hurried to my office. |
| 每匹马都认为自己的负载最重。 Every horse thinks its own pack heaviest. |
| 只有向后看才能理解生活;但要生活好,则必须向前看。 Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. |
| 一切都指望机会的人使自己的生活变得象赌彩票一样。 He who trusts all things to chance makes a lottery of his life. |
| 给别人设圈套的人常常落在自己的圈套里。 They who lay traps for others are often caught by their own bait. |
| 理智统治一切。 Reason rules all things. |
| 请给个明确的答复。 "Give me a definite answer,please." |
| 你能改天再请我吗? Can I take a rain check? |
| 明天你打算干什么? What do you plan to do this Friday? |
| 永远记住:你争取成功的决心才是头等重要的。 Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any thing. |
| sluggish a. 不活泼的,呆滞的 |
| cape n. 海角,岬 |
| obscene a. (文学,图画)猥亵的,淫秽的 |
| profuse a. 极其丰富的;很多的;大量的 |
| triangle n. 三角,三角形,三角关系 |
| jog v./n. 轻推,轻撞;缓步前进,慢跑 |
| dial n. 表面,钟面,拨号盘 vt. 打电话 |
| frugal a. 俭朴的,花钱少的 |